by: Pat Fellows
New Year, New Newsletter…
Race season is full speed ahead at FRESHJUNKIE Racing as we hit one of our busiest months of the year. That being said, there’s been a lot of talk around the office about the newsletter and how we can best serve you. Our goal is to bring you a monthly dose of awesome to your inbox and cut through the clutter of what may seem like an information overload. To that end we are going to be making a few changes on when and what you’ll be seeing with this newsletter.
First the When:
We’ve been timing our release of the newsletter with our mid-month podcast. It seemed to make sense from the start, but when we said it out loud we realized that we wanted the “monthly” newsletter to come out at the beginning of the month. To that end, we will have it waiting for you on the 1st starting in March. It will include an episode from the podcast as well, and a second episode will come out on the 3rd Tuesday. Newsletter/Podcast on the first, second podcast on the 3rd Tuesday.
Next, the What:
Each month you’ll get the following.
- A feature like this. Over time we hope to have interesting stories that let you see running through a different lens.
- A training/injury prevention article from our in-house physical therapist and coach, Patrick O’brien. He’s in the game and knows what’s up.
- Nutrition and food strategy from Nely Ward, a nutrition coach and the FJR superglue. Recipes, plans, and up to date information on all the latest trends (pro and con).
- Gear-We have good friends in the business that know their stuff when it comes to the massive amounts of new releases seemingly every week. We will also interview industry insiders as well as tap local experts to keep you up to the minute.
- Beginner Resources-In my searches and discussions for the #4 I realized how much runners may or may not know. Each month, I’ll link to a site full of running resources. You can cull through it at your own pace.
- Featured races-At this writing, we are now producing 15 races, 13 of which we own. This is why we are here in the first place. We will feature a new race each newsletter.
While this may not be all encompassing, it should give you a good idea of what to expect.
Finally, if you have a topic you’d like to hear about, shoot us an email @ email@example.com. No promises, but we are always looking for cool things to talk and write about.