GULF COAST CHALLENGE
FRESHJUNKIE SUMMER VIRTUAL CHALLENGES
Join FRESHJUNKIE Racing this summer and challenge yourself to run 100, 165, 230 or 460 virtual miles this summer across Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. We’ll keep you motivated this summer with curated content to help you achieve your goals. Not to mention some sweet digital badges, great gear, and an awesome hard earned finisher medal.
You’ll have a four-month challenge window from Thursday, June 18 – Sunday, October 11 (Race Date for the Northshore Half Marathon) to set and reach your 100, 165, 230 or 460 mile goal!
The event is open to anyone, anywhere. Additional fees will apply for international participants.
- Log Your Miles on your personalized Challenge RunSignUp page
- Track Progress on Our Interactive Map
- Compare Your Ranking on the Challenge Leaderboard
LET’S MAKE THE COAST HEALTHIER!
LA, MS, and AL are in the bottom 5 nationally in health rankings. It is our intent to help change that through #GulfCoastChallenge. When you register for one the Gulf Coast Challenge, 5% of your entry will go towards supporting our mission of making the Gulf Coast and healthier place to live.
WHY THESE DISTANCES? WHY THESE LOCATIONS?
It’s quite simple really. We produce in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. In preparation for our fall & winter races season we designed Virtual Challenge courses that allow you to walk, run, or bike across some of our most popular races.
- The 100 Mile Challenge takes you from the Northshore Half Marathon finish line in Mandeville across Louisiana to the Finish Line of the Louisiana Marathon in Baton Rouge.
- The 165 Mile Challenge begins at the Finish Line of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon in Biloxi to the Finish Line of the Louisiana Marathon.
- The 230 Mile Challenge kicks off at the Finish Line of the Battleship 12K in Mobile, AL at the USS Alabama, crosses the Mississippi Gulf Coast, before winding it’s way through Louisiana to finish in the shadow Louisiana State Capitol at the Louisiana Marathon Finish Line.
- And the biggest Challenge of them all, the 460 Mile Challenge starts at the Flora-Bama border, traverses Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana finishing at the Texas-Louisiana border!
Official Gulf Coast Challenge Race Shirt (super soft poly-cotton blend you’ve come to love from FRESHJUNKIE)
Awesome finisher’s medal to celebrate your accomplishment
WHO WE ARE
FRESHJUNKIE Racing is a small business comprised of passionate event directors who live and work along the Gulf Coast. Since 2010 we’ve produced hundreds of events, large and small. But since the beginning of March 2020 we haven’t been able to do what we do best, which is offer a live, local running experience to thousands of our loyal community members. So at least for now, we’re going to do that virtually. Come walk, run, or bike with us, safely in your community, while making the Gulf Coast healthier and raising money to get more kids active!
Tag us in your posts so we can follow your journey through the Gulf Coast Challenge